Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More Weekend Work

Today we have been married 4 months. I really can't believe how fast time is flying by. It's amazing to see how far the house is coming along. Last week we finished painting the foyer. The color is not that different from the previous color, but it is enough of a change to look different from the room next to it.
Move in Day


Looking down the hallway

Painting
Done painting

Walking in the front door
 Here is where we hung the new mirror.
Welcome to our home! 

 Here are some of the other projects we worked on:
I used the old curtain for a pattern

All done!
Clay worked on hanging hooks
We also decided to paint our dining room furniture. We got the furniture from an estate sale this summer. My grandparents bought it for us as one of our wedding gifts. We have enjoyed the furniture when we have people over. However, Clay and I both wanted an updated look. So we researched some different ideas and bought the paint. This is the beginning of the process: 
I took the seats off first
I am going to recover the seats


we are leaving the top of the table the natural color



Paint finished - ready for the glaze 
Clay also finished working on our shower, it's almost all done! I will post about that big project when he puts the glass doors back on. This weekend is my birthday so I think we are going to take a break from house work- However, I bet you could find both of us with paint brushes in our hands on Sunday anyway.

2 comments:

  1. your house is looking so good nicki! where are yall living?! hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! We live near Sprayberry High School off of Sandy Plains and Morgan Road. :) I have enjoyed following your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete