Sunday, September 14, 2014

38 Weeks.. Come On Twins!

Technically I am now 38 1/2 weeks. I apologize in advance for all the details in this post-it's kind of a long read..

Last week I had a doctors appointment on Thursday. I had to drive to the other clinic since my regular OBGYN office is moving and the new one wasn't ready. My mom was sweet to drive me there. On the way to the appointment the front desk lady called and said they wanted to do an ultrasound before the doctor visit (which is what I was trying to schedule all week and they told me there wasn't an appointment). So we arrived and went straight back for the ultrasound. The babies are now so big it's really hard for the ultrasound tech to see which one is which and tell their positions. It was confirmed that Colton is still breech and Ann Marie though head down seems a little sideways. They checked their heart rates and they were both normal. The doctor came in and after introducing herself and checking the ultrasound screen, she told me the only option we have is to have a c-section. Though this is not my first choice, I have a peace about it. The doctor asked when the last time I had anything to eat.. I ate chick-fil-a on the way there.. she said we could of done the c-section that night but that we would schedule for Monday.

Well the doctors office didn't call Friday morning so I called them around 1:30, and the nurse said they were waiting to hear back from the surgical coordinator. At 3:30 I still hadn't heard anything so I called the office and just scheduled the non-stress test for Monday at 2:30.

Anxious, frustrated, excited, nervous, worried, are just a few emotions I felt Friday. Friday night my parents brought over pizza and a movie and it was a perfect chill night.

On Saturday I pretty much stayed on the couch all day watching football and movies. Then Clay took me to PF Changs for our last date night before the twins come.

Today has been much of the same, relaxing, watching movies, doing laundry and straightening up around the house. Tonight is a family dinner at my parents house.

I am praying that tomorrow morning when I call to confirm my doctors appointment they will give me some more information about scheduling the c-section. OR I pray that after my doctor visit they will want to admit me into the hospital.

The cool thing about having the twins born on September 15th is that is my great-great-grandmother's birthday. She was also a twin (she had a twin brother).

Here are some pictures:
37 Weeks

Lunch Date with Ryan- Hope the twins are close like Ryan and I are one day.
 Blue toes and pink nails- I think we are ready :)
 38 Weeks:
 38 weeks pregnant heading out for our last date night for a little while
How far along: 38 Weeks
Total weight gain: they didn't weight me at the doctor's office Thursday but based on my home scale I gained another pound or two so I would say around 37
Maternity clothes: same as last week- comfy clothes (lots of pjs and Clay's t-shirts)
Stretch marks: still don't see any.. thanks for the good genes Mom :)
Sleep: I wake up every hour between 11-3am and then usually I can sleep until 6 or 7am
Best moment of this week: spending time with Clay and enjoying our last date night
Miss anything: a lot of things.. just having energy, moving around easier, swelling feet, etc
Movement: still feeling Colton on the right, and Ann Marie towards the left bottom side
Food cravings: none in particular this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: I did feel very nauseous last Thursday morning but can't pinpoint why
Have you started to show yet: now more then ever I look like I am about to burst
Gender: Girl and Boy
Labor signs: lots of braxton hicks and some back pain 
Belly button in or out: sticking way out
Wedding rings on or off: I don't really wear much jewelry in general now.. 
Happy or moody most of the time: as stated above.. lots of emotions now..
Looking forward to: hopefully having these babies soon!!!

Verse for the week: (though this one is not directly related to children, it was perfect for me this morning- especially the last two sentences)

Matthew 6:25-34

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?  "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
 
Maybe next time I blog it will be about the twin's birth!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment